Migraines Treatment in Bend, OR
Offering relief from migraine headaches through chiropractic care
- Chiropractors Experienced in Migraine Relief
- Treating the Source, Not the Symptoms
- Holistic, Non-invasive Treatment
Our Bend Chiropractic Clinic offers migraine headache relief! Call us at (541) 480-0518 to schedule your appointment today!
Anyone who has experienced a migraine headache will understand how it can sometimes be completely debilitating, and dominate your daily routine. These types of headaches can be either moderate or severe and are often accompanied by a kind of throbbing that might last for just a few hours or for several days at a time. Generally, migraine headaches start at the side of the head and spread to both sides, and they will frequently trigger several symptoms such as:
- nausea and vomiting
- sensitivity to light and sound
- tingling in the face or the hands
- vision issues such as light flashes, blind spots, and disturbance to your vision.
Migraine headaches are both a neurological and vascular condition that can be impacted by various chemicals in the body. Changes in the activity of the brain will have an impact on blood flow to the brain and surrounding tissues. This is what causes all the array of symptoms that a migraine sufferer might experience.
If you suffer from migraine symptoms, the Elevation Spine Center in Bend, Oregon, might be able to provide significant relief. Our staff members can provide corrective treatment that has helped many of our patients with migraine headaches.
Triggers for migraine headaches
There are several things that can bring on a migraine
It is generally known that several different types of triggers can cause the onset of a migraine headache. Here are some of the most frequent culprits:
- Environmental triggers – strong smells, stuffy rooms, bright lights, secondhand smoke, flickering screens.
- Physical triggers – inadequate sleep, overexertion, low blood sugar, excessive fatigue, poor posture, jet lag.
- Hormonal triggers – estrogen, oral contraceptives.
- Emotional triggers – stress, depression, anxiety, shock, excitement.
- Dietary triggers – caffeine, cheese, dehydration, medications, chocolate, citrus fruits, alcohol, foods containing nitrates, irregular mealtimes, foods containing tyramine, foods containing monosodium glutamate.
Migraine Headaches Treatment
Each person get an individual treatment plan
In some cases, we might recommend lifestyle changes to help lessen the severity of your migraine symptoms. Drinking plenty of water, performing regular exercise, and avoiding triggers such as stress can help prevent migraines. Corrective chiropractic care can also help alleviate migraine symptoms because it goes right to the heart of the issue and relieves pressure on the spinal cord and the surrounding nerves.
Gentle spinal adjustments can ensure that your spinal structure is in optimal alignment as is your posture and that all the spinal bones can move properly. When you have bad posture, your spine becomes weakened, and the spinal cord is forced to fit into a somewhat distorted and weakened structure. As a result, abnormal pressure is placed on the spinal cord and nervous system can harm your overall health.
Corrective chiropractic treatment is one of the best approaches to long-term relief of migraine headaches and their attendant symptoms. That’s one of the best reasons you should contact us at the Elevation Spine Center when you are bothered by persistent migraines.